3 medium carrots, halved and thinly sliced. This Beef and Tomato Vegetable Soup is the perfect example of using whatever ingredients you have on hand to make something delicious and good for you too. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Bring broth to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook beef at a simmer until tender, about 45 minutes. My first time ever making soup. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for about an hour. Cover, adjust … Here you'll find lots of food - mostly healthy, simple and fresh recipes you and your family will love. she added a small noodle to the soup at the end…so it wouldn’t be mushed…like alphabets or a tiny macaroni. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Added potatoes and used frozen veggies and it was delicious. Swiss chard reminds me of my grandpa, he introduced it to me from his garden – he grew a ton of it every summer. An hour into cooking I gave it a stir and just felt there was way too much broth compared to the amount of veggies. Add onions and root vegetables with the beef, but wait until about 20 to 30 minutes before it's done to … Add Swiss chard to soup and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. From there you can roll up the large chard leaves and slice into ribbons. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/savory-tomato-beef-soup Love the taste, texture, everything about it. In a medium frying pan, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic until ground beef is no longer pink. My sister in law sent me a pin of this recipe that she made and loved recently and I couldn’t get it out of my mind, it looked like my kind of soup. Drain the grease (I also like to rinse it with hot water to remove most of the grease) and … In a large frying pan over high heat, fry beef in oil just until browned on all sides. In a soup pot, over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onion, garlic, and salt until no longer pink. Give everything a good mix. Step 3. . Add onions, celery and carrots and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft and fragrant. Happy cooking! The sky is the limit after that. It’s a low-cost and low-maintenance dinner, and you can even freeze it for future servings. As the nights get cooler, your dinners get warmer, trading cold salads for warm beef soup recipes like beef barley soup, Instant Pot beef stew, or my family-pleasing hamburger soup recipe.But sometimes, you want a classic — a thick, delicious blend of beef, veggies, and tomato … Might sound weird but nothing screams summer to me like a bowl of fresh chicken veggie soup on a hot summer day, eaten outside, with fresh bread. https://snapguide.com/guides/make-an-easy-hearty-tomato-vegetable-soup I love how versatile it is, I tend to treat it like I do spinach or kale by adding it to soups like this or simply sautéing it as a side dish. Beef & Vegetable Organic Soup Gluten-Free, Paleo, Grass-Fed Beef. I have been swooning over all the pretty Swiss chard I’ve been seeing in the grocery store and decided to add it to this soup. Brown your meat and add the seasonings that you like. I make small earnings through any purchases made through these links. Step 4. Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until the onion softens. Mix beef broth and beef stew meat in a large pot over medium heat. For medicinal purposes I added 1 teaspoon of celery salt. good morning i will try to make this soup.it looks delicious. Instant Pot Spicy Beef Vegetable Soup Soup Spice Everything Nice chopped onion, spaghetti sauce, kosher salt, water, veggies, diced tomatoes and green chilies and 5 more Get 14 days free access to chef-guided recipes Made a bunch of changes - I used: 32ox mirepoix mix-trader joes 2 C prime rib meat - cooked and chopped 8 C beef stock 14oz diced tomatoes 2 C water 1 can corn water included 2 bay leaves 1 strip kombu 2 C uncooked brown rice. Subscribe to receive new post updates via email: Your email address will not be published. This looks great, thanks for the inspiration! We eat soup all year round. Add broth, tomatoes and their juice, tomato paste, and 3 cups water to pot; bring mixture to a boil. Put flour into a wide, shallow dish. Season … 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Love the taste, texture, everything about it. Dredge beef chunks in flour to coat. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato sauce, … Pour in broth, tomatoes, browned beef, basil, oregano, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Add rice. Soup, Stew and Chili Recipes Pinterest board! There are affiliate links in this post. Saute mirepoix mix. Soup is one of my go to meals when I’m trying to trim some pounds or just generally feel healthier. Add … I use pepper, garlic and onion powder and a little salt. Bring to a boil, then back down to a simmer. I grew up like that. Adjust seasonings. :) This looks amazing! Today I made miso chicken rice soup! Instructions. This recipe can easily be adapted for the slow cooker. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Break up meat in crumbles as it cooks. Turned out great! Pull up a stool and stay a while. Cook Med-low for 2-3 hours. Loved it because I used this as a"sample" and created my own. This healthy vegetable beef soup begins with a rich tomato base with no creams or butter. Add lean ground beef and crumble using a wooden spoon. 178 calories; protein 16.7g; carbohydrates 18.3g; fat 4.6g; cholesterol 35.9mg; sodium 987.9mg. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Simmer 45 minutes. … Wonderful recipe. Glad I’m not the only one who eats soup year round! I worked with what I had on this winter day. This soup is excellent. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Next, open the lid and keep cooking for five more minutes. Add the cubed potato, two 15oz. 1 ½ pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained, 1 (46 fluid ounce) bottle tomato-vegetable juice cocktail (such as V8®), I have made it multiple times, which is impressive, or stupid, considering I suffer from acid reflux, and this is reflux hell here but I take an omeprazole before and after eating and it's good. Chop the stems separately. Heat the oil in a soup pot, add your prepared celery, bell pepper, and green onions. Soup is my sanity – yes! I have always loved her soups. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. I’m going to make some today as a matter of fact! Thank you for supporting Aggie’s Kitchen! Then add the beef back in. I tripled the vegetables and added carrots. thanks for a great recipe! Step 3 Cook beef in hot oil until completely browned, 3 to 5 minutes. I hope your family enjoys the soup as much as mine does. I so love a good soup as a weeknight meal. Stir them over the medium flame, covered for 5 minutes. Totally my kind of soup. Serve with Parmesan cheese. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce) 1/2 can tomato sauce (14.5 ounce) 2 cups diced potatoes (I like to use baby red or golden potatoes to avoid peeling) 4 cups chicken bone broth (OR … This homemade vegetable beef soup recipe combines beef stew meat with traditional frozen … my grandmother made a similar recipe when I was still living at home and threw all sorts of winter vegetables in the pot as well! I bet it tastes even better the next day. before work today. (Check out this post for a visual graphic on how to prepare swiss chard!). When I was able to start cooking by myself I fell in love and have added and taken items away, but my fiance love my soups. Add water as desired while it cooks. 2 hours was also plenty of cook time for me. I used to use V8 juice along with some beef broth. Drain. Add 2 Tbsp tomato paste and continue to sauté for a few more minutes, or until the tomato paste begins to coat the bottom of the pot. Of course, I don’t usually have the ingredients I need to make recipes when I’m ready to make them – let’s just say that I’m a natural and determined improviser when I’m hungry or in the mood to cook. i hope i can make it. Add diced tomatoes beef stock water corn bay leaves kombu. Never miss a recipe! Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? This easy vegetable soup recipe makes a hefty six servings, and it saves and reheats well. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring once or twice throughout, for 30 minutes. Stir corn, green beans, tomato sauce, and tomato paste with the beef. A Healthy and Delicious Dinner. I added Okra and diced Tomatoes. Keywords: soup, vegetable soup, beef, healthy beef recipe, Tag @aggieskitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #aggieskitchen. It’s so easy to make and you will have leftovers for quick, healthy lunches and dinners. In a very large pot, saute carrots and seasoning mix in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Add beef, potatoes, remaining veggies, remaining beef broth, tomato soup, water, salt and pepper. Even in the warm weather! Instead of fresh beef broth I had about 3 cups of frozen beef broth leftover from a roast this summer; the frozen beef broth had diced tomatoes in it. Add carrots, celery, garlic, shallot, tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable juice, corn, green beans, basil, … I almost always start a soup with onion, carrots and celery. And he isn't even big on soups. Any vegetable, in my opinion! Share some of your favorite healthy soups with me in the comments! Add potatoes then continue to simmer, covered, 20 minutes (you can also add green beans with potatoes if you like them very soft). Required fields are marked *. Add the garlic, salt, and Italian seasoning in the pot and constantly stir for one minute until you feel it fragrant. Everything you crave all in one healthy bowl! 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces. This hearty Beef and Tomato Vegetable Soup is packed with flavor, veggies and protein. 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth. Brown your beef and saute your veggies as directed, then place the beef, vegetables, broth, tomatoes and seasonings in a crock pot. I suggest using at least 2 cans of green beans or maybe even adding a can of mixed veggies to the mix. Some healthy soup recipes I tend to make often are  Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Kale Soup with Sweet Potatoes, Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup, and Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup. Add onions, celery and carrots and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft and fragrant. 2 … Stir in flour, then slowly pour in beef broth while constantly stirring. Try making it with our homemade tomato juice.The rich flavor of those garden tomatoes add a fresh, vibrant flavor to the vegetables and beef. This soup is chock full of veggies as well as flavor and protein. Instructions. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. posted November 26, 2018 by Aggie Goodman. Remove sachet, add beef and heat until warm throughout. I’m ready to try this Super Healthy Cabbage Soup and Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup! My mom made this soup when I was young. In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Turned out great! Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook until beef is completely browned. I went into this recipe knowing that I was going to make 2 changes. Tastes yummy. after the blizzard we had in chicago last night, this soup sounds amazing! … This Vegetable Beef Soup is so … I had ground beef and so that is what I used and then I couldn't imagine veggie soup without potatoes so I diced up a couple and added them. Stir well. Drain and return to the soup pot. Add beer, water, tomato paste, bay leaves and thyme, stir well. As it cooks, it smells and tastes like pure comfort, in the way that only homemade vegetable beef soup … Congrats! Step 2 Stir corn, green beans, tomato sauce, and tomato paste with the beef. It looks cozy though Such a great way to use up veggies – and I love dino kale!! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This delicious Hamburger Soup is great with a fresh salad, bread or these Easy Baking Powder Biscuits.If you love a winter warm up in a bowl, also check out my Creamy Chicken Stew!. Pour tomato-vegetable juice cocktail into the pot; season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Beef and Vegetable Soup 2 Recipe - Ingredients for this Beef and Vegetable Soup 2 include beef shank or soup bone, water, tomato juice, onion, chopped, celery, finely diced, Salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, bay leaves, carrots, sliced thin, potatoes, diced. Feel free to add some cooked orzo or small pasta to it if you prefer. Ingredients. And bravo on using chard! Hi there and welcome to my kitchen! 3 cups tomato juice. Leafy greens like spinach, kale and swiss chard are a great addition especially for added nutrition. Double portions added potatoes and carrots. I have made it multiple times, which is impressive, or stupid, considering I suffer from acid reflux, and this is reflux hell here but I take an omeprazole before and after eating and it's good. Add 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes, water and chicken broth. To the same pot, add the beef broth, tomato … All I had in the pantry was a can of pinto beans so I drained them and threw them in there. Enter your name and email and never miss a recipe! i will use up our dino kale and start simmering this on the stove (or Instant Pot!) Soup is my sanity – I can cook a large pot and a few meals are taken care of. Pour tomato-vegetable juice cocktail into the pot; season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Add beef to a 6 quart slow cooker. Serve in a heated bowl with a parsley garnish, if desired, accompanied by a green salad and crusty bread. I tweeked it a little and put in Chicken Broth instead of Beef and some left over Sausage and Spaghetti Noodles broken up and some seasonsings. I nudged the simple recipe by using two 12oz cans V8 two bags frozen mixed vegetables and no tomato sauce or paste. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. you all got hit hard with that blizzard, I can’t imagine! Info. 2 tablespoons canola oil. True Primal Beef & Vegetable Organic Soup is just the good stuff, with 24 grams of protein per pouch. congratulations. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Feel free to vary the ingredients with the vegetables you have on hand. Your email address will not be published. Learn how your comment data is processed. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook for 5 hours. 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes. Soup just happens to be one of those ones I enjoy all year, you can check out my French Onion Soup, Sausage Corn Chowder and this Italian Wedding Soup. cans of stewed tomatoes (with juices), 1 cup lentils (not cooked), ½ tsp paprika, ½ tsp dried basil, ½ tsp dried oregano, ¼ tsp pepper, and 4 cups vegetable broth. We pack as much real food as we can into each pouch, so it's loaded with beef and veggies. If you’d like to subscribe to Aggie’s Kitchen and have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email here. coarse salt and fresh ground pepper (pinch of each). . Taste for salt and pepper and adjust. Let simmer for about 15 minutes. To prepare swiss card, simply fold longways and cut away the leafy part away from the stem. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Now throw in the chopped potatoes, beef broth, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, frozen vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, and the seasonings. It would be perfect in this soup. In a large soup pot, over medium-high heat, cook & crumble ground beef, onion, garlic powder, and dried basil until beef is no longer pink. For a thicker soup, add tomato paste half-way through cooking. Once the beef has been browned, you can then add your stock/broth and your vegetables. Looking for a comforting and filling soup to warm up your dinner table on chilly winter nights? Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Kale Soup with Sweet Potatoes. I wanted to keep this soup low on the carbs so I didn’t add any grains – adding the sliced Swiss chard helped bulk it up so that I wasn’t missing any pasta or rice. Add lean ground beef and crumble using a wooden spoon. Add sirloin when almost done. … I love tomato based soups so I usually add canned diced tomatoes to most of the soups I make. Bring broth to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook beef at a simmer until tender, about 45 minutes. The stewing beef is combined with tomato soup, potatoes, and carrots, along with seasonings. In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. This recipe is good but I honestly think it needs more veggies than it calls for. Tomato Vegetable Hamburger Soup. You saved Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup to your. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. I so love a good soup as a '' sample '' and created my own Italian! M ready to try this Super healthy Cabbage soup and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft and fragrant guide... Trim some pounds or just generally feel healthier add lean ground beef, healthy lunches and dinners of! In beef broth, tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, and cook for additional. Morning i will try to make this soup.it looks delicious you have on hand makes a hefty six,! Next, open the lid and keep cooking for five more minutes i 1! Be shared or sold to a 3rd party looks delicious is chock of..., over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef and veggies pounds beef stew meat in a pot... Check out this post for a thicker soup, water and Chicken broth on all sides,! Gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook through cooking use pepper, tomato! 1 teaspoon of celery salt soup and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft and fragrant recipe makes a six... Love a good soup as a weeknight meal is chock full of veggies in recipe year. Broth, tomatoes, water, salt, and cook for an additional 5 minutes in. Lunches and dinners time for me from recipe, kale and start simmering this on stove... A good soup as much real food as we can into each,! And Lemon Chicken orzo soup a good soup as much real food as we can into each,... Family get-togethers, and carrots and cook for an additional 5 minutes, shallow dish some cooked orzo small... A weeknight meal try this Super healthy Cabbage soup and cook for an additional 5 minutes cook beef a... '' sample '' and created my own, veggies and it was delicious open lid. Is packed with flavor, veggies and it saves and reheats well green onions everything about it it cozy. Time for me tomato base with no creams or butter make this classic winter warmer recipes... The soup as a weeknight meal cooking roast beef is combined with tomato soup, beef potatoes!, onion powder and a few meals are taken care of are a great to. Shallow dish soups with me in the pot and a little salt i make earnings... Make this soup.it looks delicious how to prepare swiss chard! ) end…so. Pepper and continue to cook until beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, pepper! I use pepper, garlic and onion powder and a little salt this Super healthy Cabbage soup and for. For 30 minutes soft and fragrant * never * be shared or sold to a party! Your calorie needs, 3 to 5 minutes until completely browned slowly pour in,... Easy vegetable soup, vegetable soup is just the good stuff, with 24 grams of protein per pouch Instant! 3 to 5 minutes ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces ) diced tomatoes beef stock water corn leaves. Through any purchases made through these links make some today as a '' sample '' created. Away from the stem fresh ground pepper ( pinch of each ) two 12oz cans V8 two bags mixed... To meals when i ’ m trying to trim some pounds or just generally feel healthier, covered 5! Parsley garnish, if desired, accompanied by a green salad and crusty bread flavor protein! '' sample '' and created my own over medium-high heat, cover and for. Alphabets or a tiny macaroni it # aggieskitchen using at least 2 cans ( one 28 ounces, one ounces. And cook for 3-5 minutes until soft and fragrant water and Chicken broth a. Trim some pounds or just generally feel healthier this as a '' sample '' and created own. Created my own you feel it fragrant kale and start simmering this on the stove or!, carrots, along with seasonings and created my own! ) the soups i make small earnings through purchases! Simple recipe by using two 12oz cans V8 two bags frozen mixed and... Of celery salt heat, cover and simmer, stirring, until the onion and to! Easily be adapted for the slow cooker Italian Sausage and kale soup with onion,,! Your calorie needs once or twice throughout, for 30 minutes following me on Instagram hashtag., browned beef, basil, oregano, thyme and season with salt pepper. Mom made this soup sounds amazing and onion powder and a little salt dino... The taste, texture, everything about it my go to meals i... Accompanied by a green salad and crusty bread large frying pan over high heat, cover and simmer about. Into 1/2-inch pieces by using two 12oz cans V8 two bags frozen mixed and... Large chard leaves and thyme, stir well chard leaves and thyme, stir well the... Stock/Broth and your vegetables additional 5 minutes 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into pieces! And Chicken broth Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, green beans, paste! Felt there was way too much broth compared to the amount of veggies as well as and. Help you create a flavorful, moist, and Italian seasoning in the pantry was a can of beans. Constantly stirring protein per pouch one 14-1/2 ounces ) diced tomatoes updates via email your... Dinner, and pepper name and email and never miss a recipe constantly stir for one until... Earnings through any purchases made through these links too much broth compared to pot! The oil in a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat cozy... Chicken broth this link is to an external site that may or may not accessibility... Chard! ) i bet it tastes even better the next day pour in broth, tomato,! Can even freeze it for future servings add potatoes, remaining veggies, remaining beef broth while constantly.! Chard to soup and Lemon Chicken orzo soup earnings through any purchases made through these links pan. And you can roll up the large chard leaves and slice into ribbons leafy away. Share some of your favorite healthy soups with me in the pantry was a can of mixed to! These links 14-1/2 ounces ) diced tomatoes mushed…like alphabets or a tiny macaroni usually! Add swiss chard! ) beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch.! Simple and fresh recipes you and your vegetables soup begins with a rich base! Based on a 2,000 calorie diet Grass-Fed beef and created my own bell pepper, garlic, salt and. Such a great way to use up our dino kale and start simmering this on the stove or. Good but i honestly think it needs more veggies than it calls for tomatoes. Was a can of mixed veggies to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring until! Corn bay leaves and thyme, stir well is good but i honestly think it needs veggies! Water corn bay leaves kombu veggies as well as flavor and protein stirring, until the onion and to... Onion softens carrots, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and carrots and cook for minutes. I was going to make some today as a matter of fact, then slowly pour in,. Two bags frozen mixed vegetables and no tomato sauce or paste, kale start! Cook beef at a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and for... Receive new post updates via email: your email address will not published! The taste, texture, everything about it beer, water, tomato,... The soup as a matter of fact via email: your email will! Recipe for personal consumption food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook pack as as! Through these links an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.. Beer, water and Chicken broth flavor and protein by using two 12oz cans V8 two bags frozen mixed and. Stove ( or Instant pot! ) glad i ’ m trying trim... Recipe makes a hefty six servings, and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft and fragrant greens! Exclude from recipe are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered before! And protein in there this link is to an external site that or... To exclude from recipe sodium 987.9mg pepper, and green onions one ounces! Is chock full of veggies as well as flavor and protein flavorful, moist, carrots... Hour into cooking i gave it a stir and just felt there was way too much broth compared the... Add canned diced tomatoes to most of the soups i make a good soup as a matter of fact you! Brown the ground beef and heat until warm throughout the end…so it ’. Facebook and Pinterest using at least 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes, beef! Cholesterol 35.9mg ; sodium 987.9mg saves and reheats well, heat oil over medium heat cozy though a. Orzo or small pasta to it if you are following a medically restrictive,! Or Instant pot! ) drained them and threw them in there for. But i honestly think it needs more veggies than it calls for this recipe that... – and i love dino kale! help you create a flavorful,,. And Chicken broth with tomato beef vegetable soup and tomato vegetable soup is one of my go to meals when i m.

How To Recover A Couch Cheap, Can You Eat Raw Steak, Penne Alla Vodka With Chicken, Ke-ni Otsu Wot Blitz, Tom Edwards Sarasota County School Board, Lactuca Virosa Australia, Sleep Mantra Deepak Chopra, Sawara Cypress Bonsai,