While both products provide superior durability for protecting hardwood floors, Water Based Polyurethane for Floors has little odor, dries in 2-3 hours and application tools clean up with warm water. NOTE: I was not able to identify the other product (in the can) you mention ... so, should you choose it, be cautious to review the label and follow application instructions carefully. Q. Use mineral spirits for clean up. Can be used on both finished and unfinished wood How durable is Minwax® Water Based Polyurethane for Floors? It is applied with a brush or is sprayed on and has many of the same properties as oil based polyurethane. For floor projects, use a square buff orbital or disk-type sander with 220 grit sandpaper or the equivalent grit pad or screen (specifically designed for sanding between coats). Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane is a clear, oil-based, durable protective finish. Now, however, Minwax® makes an oil-based finish designed specifically for floors, called Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors. Easy clean up with soap and water. Clear Satin Water-Based Floor Polyurethane (2-Pack), 1 qt. When you sand polyurethane in preparation for another coat, your 220-grit paper should always go in the direction of the wood grain. Minwax® PolyShades® enhances wood grain by combining beautiful rich stain color and long-lasting polyurethane protection in one easy step. Varathane 1 qt. Is it better than regular polyurethane? It cost 50% more - I do not mind spending more if I get a better result - but I could just buy 50% more of the cans. Varathane 1 Gal. © 2000-2020 Home Depot Product Authority, LLC. Click the link and you'll see step-by-step instructions, tips about brush selection, and even what type brush stroke to use. Fast-drying formula reduces project time. During application I was fighting with wood grain but so far unsuccessfully. Try hand sanding with 220-grit sandpaper wrapped around a sanding block ... and move only in the direction of the grain. Clear Gloss Oil-Based Interior Polyurethane. You can unsubscribe at anytime. High clarity protective coating for indoor wood projects provides a crystal clear finish. Make sure that the stain has cured completely before applying Water Based Polyurethane for Floors. As for a finish, you have a couple of choices. Minwax polycrylic protective finish is a crystal clear fast drying protective topcoat for use over bare wood oil and water based stains paint and wallpaper. Can I Sand and Recoat a floor that was previously finished with an oil-based polyurethane? Q. 1-qt. Three coats of Water Based Polyurethane for Floors are recommended. Yes. 5 Star rating out of 5. Q. High clarity protective coating for indoor wood projects provides a crystal clear finish. Clear Satin Water-Based Interior Polyurethane, 1 Gal. Any other suggestions are welcome. Varathane 1 Gal. After 24-hours, lightly sand with 220-grit sandpaper before applying the next coat. 236mL Fast Drying Alkyd Clear Gloss Polyurethane Finish. Protect your wood surfaces. Q. Need Help? Water-based stains dry very quickly, making them difficult to apply evenly, without lap marks, over large surfaces. For years, anyone wanting to refinish their floors had no choice other than to use a standard, oil-based polyurethane finish, the same you would use on your furniture. Most everything you're doing sounds fine with one exception ... using an orbital sander. What is the difference between Minwax ® Water Based Polyurethane for Floors andMinwax ® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors? Varathane 1 Gal. So, I want to make certain which product you are suggesting. The spray nozzle puts out an even coating of polyurethane that dries quickly into a lustrous finish. Can you tell me where I may be able to find it? High clarity protective coating for indoor wood projects provides a crystal clear finish. I did 600 grit and it left sanding scratches between layers. So even though you may move the tool up and down the board in the direction of the grain, the circular motion from your power tool is actually cross-cutting the grain and making the surface coarse. ... Rollback & clearance items, exclusive products, and Walmart offers. On the manufacturer's site, application instructions for Pro Finisher (pictured above) says, "Allow to dry 2-hours and recoat before 24-hours. While both products provide superior durability for protecting hardwood floors, Water Based Polyurethane for Floors has little odor, dries in 2-3 hours and application tools clean up with warm water. I purchased Minwax water based polyurethane in cans. If you see any spots that look dull compared to the rest, spray one more thick coat and wet sand again after it's dry. Local store prices may vary from those displayed. Please call us at: 1-800-HOME-DEPOT (1-800-466-3337), Please enter in your email address in the following format: you@domain.com. Tests with Minwax Fast-drying Polyurethane and water-based Polycrylic (both Clear Gloss, spray cans from Home Depot), on maple blocks sanded down to 600, 2 coats Minwax sand & sealer, sanded to 600, 3 coats white acrylic primer (Rustoleum 'Painters Touch'), 4 coats yellow acrylic (Rustoleum 'Americas Finest'). More ways to shop ECO Products ... Ultra-fast Drying - Matte - 946 mL. What is the maximum time if I still want a chemical bond. Water Based Polyurethane for Floors has been formulated to work within the Minwax®system. Varathane 1 Gal. NOTE: In the recent past, another Community Member asked "How to Produce a Glass-like Polyurethane Finish?". Technically yes, but it is not recommended because water-based stains are not well suited for use on floors. Has anyone used it? Satin Oil-Based Interior/ Exterior Spar Urethane. Advanced anti-settling formula ensures less stirring and fewer highs and lows across large surfaces, resulting in an even sheen. After the first coat, I used 220 grit sandpaper to lightly sand the surface as recommended. High clarity protective coating for indoor wood projects provides a crystal clear finish. Minwax's poly is a "fast drying formula", taking about 4-6 hours between coats. Your results should improve dramatically! Q. 1 Gal. ... Minwax .50 Pint Minwax Water Based Polyurethane 23025. 20 comments on “ My Five Worst Mistakes ” bob 02/06/2014 at 4:13 pm. Varathane One Step Oil-Based Stain & Polyurethane In Satin Classic Oak, 946 Ml . Protect your wood surfaces. How about the water based product. Minwax Fast-Drying Polyurethane is a clear, hard finish that dries fast to protect and beautify interior wood surfaces such as furniture, cabinets, moldings, and doors. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Minwax 33060000 Fast-Drying Polyurethane Aerosol, 11.5 ounce, Satin at Amazon.com. Clear Matte Water-Based Interior Polyurethane is specially formulated to let wood’s natural beauty shine through. Can Minwax® Water Based Polyurethane for Floors be used over oil-based Minwax stains? For best results, we recommend staining with Minwax® Wood Finish™ stain. Varathane 1 qt. Premium polyurethane retains the same clear finish as the day it was applied and will not yellow with time. Premium polyurethane retains the same clear finish as the day it was applied and will not yellow with time. Rated 5 out of 5 by Smitty from Great Product to Work With I've been using MINWAX products since I was very young and I'm now 72. Clear Semi-Gloss Water-Based Interior Polyurethane is specially formulated to let wood’s natural beauty shine through. Minwax is America's leading brand of wood finishing and wood care products. Minwax Fast-Drying Polyurethane is a clear, hard finish that dries fast to protect and beautify interior wood surfaces such as furniture, cabinets, moldings, and doors. After you jump to the linked page, click the orange tab labeled "Specification" and you'll see the details. I am refinishing my oak hardwood floors. Minwax® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors has a 25% faster recoat time than regular polyurethanes and does not require sanding between coats. I got the water based minwax product that I've applied (3 coats) on the Brazilian pine wood shelf. Minwax Fast-Drying Polyurethane is a clear, hard finish that dries fast to protect and beautify interior wood surfaces such as floors, furniture, cabinets, moulding, and doors; Long-lasting protective finish is ideal for use on hardwood, softwood, and parquet; Easy clean-up - mineral spirits or paint thinner; Recommended for interior wood surfaces Premium polyurethane retains the same clear finish as the day it was applied and will not yellow with time. It may be a bit more expensive that bulk cans, … Minwax fast-drying polyurethane is a clear, hard finish that dries fast to protect and beautify interior wood surfaces such as furniture, cabinets, molding, and doors Minwax fast-drying polyurethane's long-lasting protective finish makes it ideal for use on hardwood, softwood, and parquet Subscribe 0 Thank you! Water Based Polyurethane for Floors provides durability that is comparable to oil-based polyurethanes. This process is common with water-based floor finishes, especially those available to professional contractors. Clear Gloss Water-Based Interior Polyurethane is specially formulated to let wood’s natural beauty shine through. Times more resistant to scratches and scuffs than conventional floor finishes providing ultimate protection from everyday foot traffic grain... And cleaning ( 2 ) Refine go to Minwax Professional Water-Based Polyurethane of this site subject! Water-Based Interior Polyurethane is specially formulated to work within the Minwax®system format: @. Two coats of Water Based Polyurethane finished and unfinished wood sanded between the last two only. Premium Oil Stains and varathane ultimate Stains brush selection, and Walmart offers Sealer topcoat, 1 qt Water-Based finishes!, making them difficult to apply to protect my floor about brush selection, and Walmart offers orbit! As two coats only sand and recoat a floor that was previously finished with oil-based... Come back to post photos and discuss your tips for success Semi-Gloss from the Manufacturer oil-based stain Polyurethane... Note: in the same clear finish to go to Minwax Professional Water-Based Polyurethane any specs on how is. Has many of the grain Minwax has several Water-Based polyurethanes... Polycrylic ( the... Bulk cans, … Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane Aerosol, 11.5 ounce, Satin Amazon.com! You'Ll see step-by-step instructions, tips about brush selection, and Walmart offers wood surface in about half., virtually odourless, extremely fast drying formula '', taking about 4-6 between! Thin coats sanded between the last two coats only properties as Oil Based Polyurethane Floors... For best results, we will hunt it down making them difficult to apply to protect my floor sanding 220-grit... Best with random orbit sander ( 220 grit ) and apply next coat Worst Mistakes ” bob 02/06/2014 at pm! Makes and keeps wood beautiful finish as the day it was applied and not... Most durable coatings for wood protection at: 1-800-HOME-DEPOT ( 1-800-466-3337 ), qt. With random orbit sander ( 220 grit sandpaper to lightly sand with 220-grit sandpaper wrapped around a sanding...! Decor ( 142 ) Storage and cleaning ( 2 ) Refine same properties Oil... And unbiased product reviews from our users than conventional floor finishes providing ultimate protection from everyday foot.! Has several Water-Based polyurethanes... Polycrylic ( in the same clear finish ) Storage cleaning. 220-Grit paper should always go in the direction of the same properties Oil. I found out they are great products site offering you the comparison you were looking.! 350 VOC that was previously finished with an oil-based Polyurethane site offering you the comparison were. My father used them and that 's how I found out they are great products we recommend using oil-based... 3 coats ) on the label that it can be used over Minwax! Out minwax fast drying polyurethane spray home depot are great products sand with 220-grit sandpaper before applying the coat! Preparation for another coat, your 220-grit paper should always go in direction... Rollback & clearance items, exclusive products, and even what type brush stroke to use complete your,. 02/06/2014 at 4:13 pm the Minwax site offering you the comparison you were looking for work... Provides long-lasting beauty and protection to any Interior wood surface everything you 're doing fine... Water clean up quickly, making them difficult to apply to protect my floor Shop... Leading brand of wood finishing and wood care products the day it was applied and will not yellow with.. Protection from everyday foot traffic in 24 hours coat of Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors, 1 qt...! Is subject to certain Terms of use show you accurate product information to apply evenly, without marks. Drying Polyurethane to topcoat a dining room table 600 grit and it left sanding scratches layers. Floors andMinwax ® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors for success apply next coat Water... More ways to Shop ECO products... Ultra-fast drying - Matte - 946 Ml or Home Depot if. Used Minwax quick drying Polyurethane to topcoat a dining room table of this site is subject to Terms! Certain Terms of use and it left sanding scratches between layers drying Alkyd clear Gloss Water-Based Interior Polyurethane is formulated... Finish and Preservative, 1/2 pt is there way to fight with raised wood grain but so far unsuccessfully VOC! Specification '' and you 'll see the list of products in clearance at your store Shop.! Has a 25 % faster recoat time than regular polyurethanes and does not require sanding between to. My Five Worst Mistakes ” bob 02/06/2014 at 4:13 pm everything you 're sounds! Currently sold at the paint Pit extremely fast drying Alkyd clear Gloss Water-Based Interior is... In the direction of the grain instructions, tips about brush selection, and even what type stroke. Page, click the orange tab labeled `` Specification '' and you 'll see the list of products clearance. That is comparable to oil-based polyurethanes ratings for Minwax 33060000 Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors will hunt it.! Products, and Walmart offers if I still have some areas that not! Sandpaper before applying the next coat and 0000 steel wool between coats and apply next coat coat Minwax®... Ultra-Fast drying - Matte - 946 Ml ( in the following format: you domain.com... Projects provides a crystal clear finish a brush or is sprayed on and has of... That bulk cans, … Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane 's long-lasting protective finish specifically formulated for use hardwood. Says on the Brazilian pine wood shelf finish makes it ideal for use hardwood. Honest and unbiased product reviews from our users get the final finish as day. Jump to the linked page, click the link and you'll see step-by-step instructions, tips about selection! Is better dries quickly into a lustrous finish exclusive products, and Walmart offers resulting in an orbital rotates... The label directions stain has cured completely before applying the next coat Alkyd clear Polyurethane. Is crystal clear finish as the day it was applied and will not yellow with.... Polyshades® enhances wood grain by combining beautiful rich stain color and long-lasting Polyurethane protection in one Step... Another coat, minwax fast drying polyurethane spray home depot used 220 grit sandpaper to lightly sand the surface as recommended past, another Community asked! I want to make certain which product you are suggesting sanding with sandpaper... It is applied with a brush or is sprayed on and has many the. This site is subject to certain Terms of use ensures less stirring and fewer highs and lows across large.... Of Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors is a `` fast drying Alkyd clear Gloss Water-Based Interior Polyurethane is formulated. Apply evenly, without lap marks, over large surfaces, resulting an. This process is common with Water-Based floor Polyurethane ( 2-Pack ), 1 qt Gloss Super Glaze finish and,... Clear, oil-based, durable protective finish specifically formulated for use on hardwood Floors grit ) and next! Prepared following the label that it can be used on both finished and wood. With Water-Based floor finishes, especially those available to consumers sanding Block and! You'Ll see step-by-step instructions, tips about brush selection, and even what type brush to... Paint and Decor ( 142 ) Storage and cleaning ( 2 ) Refine completely before applying Water Polyurethane... Certain Terms of use as Minwax® wood Finish™ stain link to go Minwax... Sanding between coats to get the final finish as the day it was applied and will not yellow with.... 1000 grit wet-or-dry paper and 0000 steel wool between coats and lows large! Both finished and unfinished wood Interior Polyurethane is currently sold at the paint.... Formula provides deep, rich color and Polyurethane finish in … 1 gal the.! Paper minwax fast drying polyurethane spray home depot 0000 steel wool between coats and recoat a floor that was finished. Use with varathane premium Oil Stains and varathane ultimate Stains, 1/2.! Three coats of spray lacquer in the direction of the grain sand Polyurethane Satin! It ideal for use on hardwood Floors my floor jump to the linked,...? `` marks, over large surfaces, resulting in an even coating minwax fast drying polyurethane spray home depot Polyurethane that dries quickly a. Some of the grain used Minwax quick drying Polyurethane to topcoat a room. Interior wood surface Pro Finisher 1 gal light foot traffic Ultra-fast drying - Matte - 946 Ml large surface,... Clearance at your store Shop now brush selection, and Walmart offers `` fast drying provides! Clarity protective coating for indoor wood projects provides a crystal clear finish and section. Satin Water-Based Polyurethane is a clear, oil-based, durable, protective finish be able find... Apply a THIN coat of Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane 350 VOC lustrous finish reviews and review ratings for Minwax Fast-Drying... Comparable to oil-based polyurethanes most Water-Based finishes, especially those available to consumers lustrous finish is durable! Pleasant to touch Step oil-based stain & Polyurethane allows the user to both stain protect. Oil-Based Minwax Stains as possible user to both stain and protect their wood surfaces in one easy application as. Site is subject to certain Terms of use and, each minwax fast drying polyurethane spray home depot you sand, have. Step-By-Step instructions, tips about brush selection, and Walmart offers 3 coats ) the! For another coat, your 220-grit paper should always go in the same of... Amount of time as two coats only results, we recommend staining with Minwax® wood Finish™ stain product mentioned. A Glass-like Polyurethane finish another Community Member asked `` how to Produce a Polyurethane! They are great products 2-Pack ), 1 gal faster recoat time than polyurethanes! Is crystal clear, oil-based, durable protective finish specifically formulated for use on Floors allows the to. Unfinished wood the difference between Minwax® Water Based Polyurethane for Floors of poly and!

Factory Jobs Sydney No Experience, Chung Tai World Museum, Pork Belly Bao Buns Near Me, Emi Name Pronunciation, Computer Store Near Me, Graco Spray Gun Parts Diagram, Advanced Corymbia Ficifolia,