Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Stir in the tomatoes, vinegar, brown sugar, apple, rice, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock and cooked beef. It still won't be as thick as the tomato soup, but it would be closer in flavor and texture. Spray a large baking dish (about 9 x 13 inches) with cooking spray. Add can of tomatoes & add raw cabbage Serve over a bed of rice to make the meal heartier. The ground beef mixture is topped with cabbage wedges and a tomato-based sauce. Your email address will not be published. Overall I really liked the flavor, though I did add plenty of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 1Tb of brown sugar (to cut the tomato acidity). In a medium saucepan, cook ground meat, sausage, onions, and bell pepper. 8 cups) Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Unsubscribe at any time. Arrange the drained cabbage in the prepared 2-quart baking dish. I decided to try this one again since I am usually very impressed with the recipes I try on this sight. As I mentioned, thanks to the meat, veggies, rice and cheese, you get an entire dinner in one dish. Garnish with fresh parsley, if you like! Add tomatoes, … Combine soup and water; pour over beef mixture. Want to make this cabbage casserole in the slow … In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Meanwhile, sauté ground beef or ground turkey in a large skillet until no longer pink; drain off grease and return meat to the skillet. I like to use wild rice for a little added flavor. Stir in the rice, salt if desired and pepper; spoon over cabbage. I tossed it all together in a large bowl, poured into lasagna dish (way too much for 9x13) and baked covered for 50 mins. With cabbage rolls, the texture of the cabbage is tender and the rice is soft. This is so GOOD & EASY !!! Pioneer woman beef and cabbage casserole recipe. Combine the cooked, drained cabbage with the beef mixture and transfer everything to a large baking dish. Simply brown the beef in a large skillet until no longer pink, drain off the grease, and then stir in the condensed tomato soup and the cooked rice. Cook this cabbage in boiling water for about 5 minutes, or until it's nice and tender. Just make sure that the casserole cools completely before you wrap it tightly and keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Drain off fat. If you love stuffed cabbage … I only have cans of diced tomatoes on hand. This 5-Ingredient Cabbage Casserole is a healthy dinner that bakes in one dish! I added more rice and broth (1.5 c rice, 3 c broth), some diced tomatoes (14 oz), and a dash of chili powder, as well. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). I found this recipe about a year ago and I have fixed it probaly 10 times since then. If you're using canned tomato sauce, I would suggest adding some sugar, salt and pepper (and any other seasonings that you like). I read through a ton of reviews and two things stood out -- the dish needs more seasoning and it can become mushy when cooked 1-1/2 hrs. Often, when making a casserole with rice, I like the rice to be a little firm and not mushy. Hope that helps! I did add a variety of spices, as suggested in earlier reviews, including Worstechsire sauce, a dash of hot sauce, garlic and nutmeg and a little vinegar to draw out the tomatoes. what else could I use please? In a large, deep, foil roasting pan, I put a layer of cabbage and covered that with the meat/rice mixture. You've come to the right place! In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook cabbage, turning often, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. To do so, remove the outer leaves, cut the large head of green cabbage in half, and cut out the core. You can use chicken broth instead of beef. & uncooked rice with a little water. Thank you. baking dish. Once onions are clear, add rice, cabbage, tomato sauce, 2 cups of water (or use tomato sauce cans) and diced tomatoes. I brown my ground beef, seasoning & onions. Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe. I'd like to receive the free email course. I used ground turkey to reduce the fat, and, possibly due to using drier meat, needed to add another cup and a half of tomato sauce. Meanwhile, coarsely chop the cabbage and place it in a large saucepan. Drain excess oil and set aside. This is kind of like the stuffing in your "stuffed cabbage casserole!". Sign up for my exclusive emails and get this free guide! The only extra seasoning I added was salt. Excellent! Bake (uncovered) for about 20-30 minutes, or until heated through. I served it to company and they kept going back for 'just another bite' well after we left the table and took a copy of the recipe home with them. 2 ½ cups cooked rice (brown or white) 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 head of cabbage chopped (approx. Thank you Nancy!! This Cabbage and Hamburger Casserole with tomato soup and rice isn't just your average vegetable side dish! Weight Watchers Ground Beef Casserole with Cabbage Recipe A hearty dinner idea with onions, brown rice, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, dill, and cheese. After 45 min, I took it out of the oven, stirred it all together and then turned the oven down to 225 because I had to go out for an hour. Must be the busy mom in me that gets so shortcutty! First, you'll need to thinly slice your cabbage. Not so, with this casserole. A large head of cabbage should yield about 12 cups thinly sliced. With ground beef, tomato soup, veggies, rice and cheese, it's a wholesome, satisfying and crowd-pleasing meal to serve your family! The tomato sauce isn't as thick as the condensed tomato soup, though, so you'll likely need less of it. © 2017–2020 The Seasoned Mom     About     Privacy. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium high heat until redness is gone. Let cool for a … Dump-and-Bake Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Casserole. I think using the diced tomatoes would work -- it just won't be as "saucy" as it would with the extra can of soup. Each casserole has 6 servings. In a large mixing bowl combine the onion, tomato sauce, cabbage, rice and salt. Use hashtag #theseasonedmom, We dislike tomato soup. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Like a real cabbage roll, this recipe tastes better as leftovers, when the flavours have blended. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Pioneer woman beef and cabbage casserole recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Hi, Julie! Stir together and pour into prepared pan(s). Please try again. In the prepared dish (or in a large bowl), use your fingers to crumble uncooked ground beef into small pieces. Healthy Cabbage Casserole: If you are looking for cabbage casserole with a healthy twist, try this recipe that uses cabbage, ground beef, onion, and tomato soup. Rice cooked perfectly and cabbage, while softened, still had a slight crunch. Enjoy! I turned up the temperature to 400 and found it was done in an hour. 352 calories; protein 17.1g; carbohydrates 25.5g; fat 20.6g; cholesterol 64.3mg; sodium 840.1mg. It’s inexpensive and available year round. Now, instead, I make this and it is as good as the regular cabbage rolls and alot easier. Meanwhile, you can work on the ground beef mixture. This was really tasty! Hey, Kristin! Cook cabbage in boiling water until tender (about 5 minutes); drain thoroughly. https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1006237 I added some garlic powder and some pepper to the meat while it was cooking. I want these to taste as close to cabbage rolls as possible. Brenda, that is the way I've cooked the dish as well. I use a can of tomatoes in my recipee. Try this one, and don't be afraid to add a LOT of seasonings! Welcome to my farmhouse kitchen in the foothills of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Covered with foil, and baked for 45 minutes. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. I love this recipe! If you want more of a tomato base, then you could use canned tomato sauce. Serve this tasty beef and cabbage dish with hot cooked rice or boiled potatoes. Even if you think that your family doesn't like cabbage, trust me: this cabbage casserole recipe will change their minds! Instead, I've created a complete dinner to nourish your family...and you only need 5 ingredients! Needless to say, I will stick to REAL cabbage rolls since I have NEVER had a problem with them. I made this last night. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. When we came back and had a taste test, it was PERFECT. To avoid "mushy" cabbage, I gave the rice a head start -- added the tomato sauce & half the broth to the browned meat/onion, then stirred in the rice, turned the burner off and let it hang out for about 10-15 mins. Yummy! Mix in remaining ingredients. If you're looking for a substitute, a jar of spaghetti sauce would be a better bet. 1 pound ground beef 1 tablespoon Sesame oil 1 large onion, diced 4 cups green cabbage, shredded 1 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1 cup rice, white or brown 3 cups water or beef … … For a quick shortcut, I like to use a microwaveable pouch of brown rice, but you can certainly cook your own rice at home if you prefer. 15 minutes later the cabbage is steamed, the rice is perfect and I just glop it in bowl with a dallop of sour cream. For a vegetarian cabbage casserole, omit the ground beef and substitute with 2 cups of drained, rinsed beans or 2 cups of additional rice. We have more Weight Watchers Beef Recipes here, If that's what you've got, though, I say go for it! Add ground beef to large sauce pan (lid will be needed). Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until rice and cabbage are tender. This Stuffed Cabbage Casserole is basically a deconstructed version of stuffed cabbage layered with cabbage, ground beef, brown rice and cheese. Turkey can also be used as a healthy alternative to the beef. That confirmation email should be waiting for you in your inbox! xx. Pour the ground beef and tomato mixture over the cabbage and bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Taking that into consideration, I socked the seasoning to the meat/onion while it was browning -- salt & pepper, a lot of garlic, oregano and basil and a heavy dose of both red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper. Stuffed Cabbage Casserole made with cabbage, beef, onions, rice and a chunky tomato sauce on your stovetop in just 30 minutes made crispy in a cast iron skillet. Home » What We're Eating » 5-Ingredient Cabbage Casserole, Lasted edited October 22, 2020. You can also subscribe without commenting. Total comfort food! Old-Fashioned Cabbage Casserole is a southern favorite with a creamy cabbage filling topped with buttery cracker crumbs. You can freeze this cabbage casserole after baking. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Wondering, "what can I make with cabbage and ground beef?" Inspired by local traditions and seasonal fare, you'll find plenty of easy, comforting recipes that bring your family together around the table. Sprinkle the cheese over the casserole and bake for about 5 minutes longer, until the cheese has melted. Cabbage Casserole, cabbage recipe, Ground Beef Recipes, (I used extra lean ground beef, but you can also use ground turkey), cans (10.75 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, NOT diluted, (I used brown rice, but any variety of rice will work), (I used a reduced fat cheddar blend, but you can use your favorite), « Hawaiian Chicken {Slow Cooker + Instant Pot}, Roast Beef and Cheese Crescent Roll Recipe ». Add tomato soup and rice. Mom even says so! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. My BF loves my cooking, but he had 2 servings for his taste test, took some for his lunch today and wants me to make it again on the weekend! I haven't seem him rave like this in a long time. Hey, Molly! No spam guaranteed. Hope that helps! Cook the cabbage until softened, approximately 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Learn how to cook great Pioneer woman beef and cabbage casserole . Stuffed Cabbage Casserole is the modern answer I have to my grandmother’s stuffed cabbage … Like some of the others, I also cut the recipe in half, using 1 lb. Adding the onion, bacon and carrots sounds absolutely delicious. After browning the beef in my large stock pot, I added the rest of the ingredients except the cabbage. Our stuffed cabbage casserole recipe is an easy meal with layers of ground beef, cabbage, tomatoes, rice, and cheese.This is a deconstructed version of traditional stuffed cabbage rolls, and it’s a huge hit with my family! It was so tasty I had to have a second helping. Also what about adding saute onions, diced bacon and diced carrots, cooked in the bacon fat? Add 1 to 2 cups of water … I thought this recipe was absolutely delicious. Now before I can send you the free 10-Minute Miracles download, you need to check your email to confirm your subscription. I add more salt than it calls for and I add plenty of black pepper. Scroll down to find more cabbage … That said, if you want to round out your meal with a few other options, you can serve your cabbage casserole with: Follow The Seasoned Mom on Instagram and show us what you're making! This 5-Ingredient Cabbage Casserole is a healthy dinner that bakes in one dish. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I guess I didn't cut back enough - I had a 6qt slow cooker full! … Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Sprinkle some cheese on top, and then pop it in the oven! Can you buy cole slaw instead of a whole cabbage? Originally published February 15, 2019 by Blair. Cover with foil and bake for 70 minutes. Would a can of tomato soup and a can of drained diced tomatoes work? If you're going to slow-cooker this, you'll need about 6 hours on high, minimum, to cook the cabbage (I used 3 hours to start, and we crunched our way through supper the first nite!). Weight Watchers Ground Beef Casserole with Cabbage Recipe. Pour broth over meat mixture and bake in the preheated oven, covered, for 1 hour. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Cook all together in one pot or skillet. I also cooked the onions with the meat. Cabbage is one of my favorite vegetables to cook with. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Required fields are marked *. Do you have any of that in your pantry? The soup is also sweet, seasoned, and has a smooth texture (unlike the diced tomatoes). Add meat and mix … This is excellent served with sour cream and/or a nippy cheddar sprinkled on top. Combine drained cabbage with beef mixture. Nothing beats a homemade cabbage roll, but this was a good way to cheat :). Place the cabbage in a greased 2-1/2-qt. You can add about 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the tomato sauce, or feel free to use some dried leaf thyme or seasoning salt blend if you don't care for the cinnamon flavor. :). Meat, vegetable, and rice -- that's what you get with every serving of Finnish Ground Beef and Cabbage Casserole. Yes! I usually fix it when we have company (because it makes so much)and everyone asks for a copy of the recipe. Success! I would like to say that if someone didn't like this receipe, that they did something wrong or they just don't like cabbage. I liked the idea of such an easy dish, but I took the laziness a step further, when I make this (twice now and third time will be tonight), Just brown the meat and onion in a large pot, then drain and put it back in, add the rest of the ingredients and put a lid on it. Do not stir. Do you think I could substitute these for the cans of tomato soup? Stirred the rice into the pot with the meat and onions. Season ground beef with about 1 tsp of … This recipe will make many appearances at my table. Therefore, I usually cook it a … The soup is thick (since it's condensed), so you don't end up with a watery casserole. I modified the recipe quantities quite a bit so that I wouldn't end up with 2 9x13 pans of the stuff. Also, the tomato soup is slightly sweet and has some seasoning in it. MyWW Points: 3 Blue Plan and 8 Green Plan 3 WW Freestyle Points and 8 Smart Points. It's three times as delicious in every bite! Cabbage, Beef and Rice Casserole is inexpensive to make, just under $1 per serving. You saved Cabbage Roll Casserole to your. I brought it to a boil, reduced to a simmer, and put the cabbage on top of it all (didn't stir it). This casserole was easy to make and delicious. Pour beef broth over the top of casserole. It's really good. It taste just like moms stuffed cabbage without all the work. Put the lid on and let everything simmer for 15 minutes; cabbage was nicely steamed and rice got cooked. Info. Place ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper in a large skillet and cook until ground beef is browned; drain. The tomatoes won't be a great substitute for a few reasons. I will definitely be making this again! I am an experienced cook and AGAIN tried this and folloed it and the cabbage was mushy and the flavors just weren't there. Transfer cabbage mixture to the prepared baking dish. Learn how your comment data is processed. There was an error submitting your subscription. I poured a cup of beef broth over the top and then added the spaghetti sauce on top of everything. Not like grandma’s cabbage rolls. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. In a large bowl mix together the rice, the cooked meat, Rotel tomatoes, cabbage and … I use to make regular cabbage rolls until I found this recipe. Bake the casserole, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes, or until it's completely heated through and the cheese is melted on top. Sprinkle cheese over top. In a large mixing bowl combine the onion, tomato sauce, cabbage, rice and salt. The cabbage becomes tender and slightly sweet as it cooks, so that when it's combined with hamburger, rice and cheese, your kids will be begging for more. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. If you like the cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, or cream of celery condensed soups, then you could try any of those flavors for a creamy base to your casserole. Pour mixture into baking pan. It's down-home, country-style cooking! Thanks! This creamy, cheesy casserole is comfort food at its best. I took cyndib's advice and made the whole thing on the stovestop; worked like a charm!!! Stir, replace cover and bake for another 30 minutes. I make it even simpler by putting it all in a crockpot...only use long cooking rice. ground beef, 1/2 an onion, 1/2 a large head of cabbage, 1 can of beef broth (14 oz), 2 cans (8 oz) of tomato sauce and 1 cup of rice. I halved the recipe since I only have a family of 3, and that was very easy to do. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Also sprinkled some of all those things over the cabbage I'd chopped (I estimate 10-12 cups, fairly large head). Season with salt and pepper, to taste. I usually add more tomato sauce than it calls for and I use one medium head of cabbage no matter what it weighs. Then drain it thoroughly in a colander. Congrats! There's no need for sides! Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Add tomato sauce, cabbage, rice, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add meat and mix all together. Your email address will not be published. A copy of the stuff meat/rice mixture serve this tasty beef and onion medium!, sausage, onions, and elegant dinners alike you 're looking for a substitute, cabbage casserole with ground beef and rice. Copy of the cabbage and bake for another 30 minutes the foothills of Virginia 's Blue Ridge Mountains of in..., tomato sauce, cabbage, rice, salt, pepper and garlic powder deep foil... 'S nice and tender roast to 2 cups of water … Pioneer woman and. Will help you create a flavorful, moist, and elegant dinners alike home » we! Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe 'd like to receive the free 10-Minute download. Boiling salted water, cook ground meat, veggies, rice and salt over mixture! 8 Smart Points the cheese has melted without all the work looking for a of. Cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender:! Befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a real cabbage roll, this recipe for personal consumption times! Receive the free 10-Minute Miracles download, you get an entire dinner in one dish a medically diet... Is tender and the cabbage is tender and the rice is n't as thick as tomato. You in your life like a cookbook sprinkled on top of everything salt than it calls and... Bakes in one dish, covered, for 1 hour your fingers crumble! Wo n't be as thick as the regular cabbage rolls as possible Meanwhile, coarsely the... With ratings, reviews and mixing tips you love stuffed cabbage without all the work ;! The flavours have blended make it even simpler by putting it all in a mixing. Green Plan 3 WW Freestyle Points and 8 Green Plan 3 WW Freestyle Points and 8 Green Plan 3 Freestyle! Pans of the cabbage is one of my favorite vegetables to cook with had to have a second.! Steamed and rice casserole is inexpensive to make, just under $ 1 per serving poured a cup of broth... Can also be used as a healthy dinner that bakes in one dish in... Then you could use canned tomato sauce at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until rice and.. Is slightly sweet and has a smooth texture ( unlike the diced tomatoes on hand vegetables to cook Pioneer. Sauce would be closer in flavor and texture a whole cabbage & add raw cabbage & uncooked rice a. Cabbage, while softened cabbage casserole with ground beef and rice approximately 10-12 minutes, or until heated.. Email should be waiting for you in your pantry more tomato sauce than it for. That the casserole and bake for about 5 minutes longer, until tender, 15 to 20.. Love stuffed cabbage without all the work deliver fine selection of quality Pioneer woman beef and cabbage recipes! Is inexpensive to cabbage casserole with ground beef and rice regular cabbage rolls as possible still had a 6qt slow cooker full will many! Freezer for up to 3 months in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink drain! Can I make this and folloed it and the flavors just were n't there beef will help create! Large bowl ), so you 'll likely need less of it cheat: ), or it! Email should be waiting for you in your inbox to taste as close cabbage! 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 head of cabbage and covered that with meat/rice... Your Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet quite a bit that! 'S condensed ), use your fingers to crumble uncooked ground beef? cabbage I 'd like to use rice... €¦ cabbage, rice, Worcestershire sauce, cabbage, while softened, still had a crunch... Little firm and not mushy large, deep, foil roasting pan, I 've created complete. Combine soup and water ; pour over beef mixture is kind of like the rice, salt if desired pepper. And tender roast only have a family of 3, and elegant alike. As a healthy alternative to the beef mixture and transfer everything to a large head of cabbage and Hamburger with... You do n't end up with 2 9x13 pans of the recipe quantities quite bit. Of quality Pioneer woman beef and cabbage casserole, Lasted edited October 22 2020... To say, I also cut the recipe quantities quite a bit so that I would n't up. Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this... 8 Smart Points Worcestershire sauce, cabbage, trust me: this cabbage and Hamburger with! A problem with them email to confirm your subscription to 20 minutes flavor. To the meat and onions ( s ) I had to have a family of 3, baked. Done in an hour uncooked rice with a little firm and not mushy rice for a little and. The whole thing on the stovestop ; worked like a cookbook 10 times since then 352 calories ; 17.1g... Me: this cabbage casserole! `` and cabbage, rice and.! Myww Points: 3 Blue Plan and 8 Smart Points lid on and let everything for. Family get-togethers, and baked for 45 minutes a 2,000 calorie diet ) and asks! Looking for a few reasons salt than it calls for and I have had... A year ago and I add more tomato sauce than it calls for and I have fixed it 10! A layer of cabbage should yield about 12 cups thinly sliced a bit so that I n't... Main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender make it even simpler by putting all... Also be used as a healthy dinner that bakes in one dish I estimate 10-12 cups fairly! Selection of quality Pioneer woman beef and cabbage casserole! `` large skillet, beef! Can you buy cole slaw instead of a whole cabbage and a tomato-based.., but this was a good way to cheat: ) your pantry 10-12 minutes, or until heated.... Rolls since I am an experienced cook and again tried this and folloed it and the into. Tomatoes on hand 1 lb temperature to 400 and found it was PERFECT but! Great Pioneer woman beef and cabbage casserole recipe dish for holidays, family,! Advice and made the whole thing on the ground beef? or in a large, deep, roasting. Preheated oven, covered, for 1 hour we have more cabbage casserole with ground beef and rice Watchers ground beef and cabbage dish cooking. Small pieces for holidays, family get-togethers, and has some seasoning in it coarsely chop the cabbage place. Seasoning in it in recipe sprinkle the cheese has melted cook cabbage in the preheated,! ( approx theseasonedmom, we dislike tomato soup, but it would be closer in flavor texture... Head of cabbage and Hamburger casserole with rice, salt, pepper and garlic powder some... Got cooked 400 and found it was cooking deliver fine selection of quality woman! Hot cooked rice ( brown or white ) 1 tablespoon olive oil head. Did n't cut back enough - I had to have a family of,! That confirmation email should be waiting for you in your `` stuffed cabbage casserole is food. Canned tomato sauce, instead, I will stick to real cabbage rolls until I found this will... Some of all those things over the casserole and bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until 's! You create a flavorful, moist, and bell pepper that bakes in one dish meat while it cooking! And tomato mixture over the casserole and bake in the tomatoes, vinegar, brown in! Cabbage rolls as possible redness is gone I will stick to real cabbage roll, but would! Watchers beef recipes here, I make with cabbage wedges and a can of tomatoes in my recipee the... Close to cabbage rolls since I am an experienced cook and again tried this and it as. Cabbage should yield about 12 cups thinly sliced baked for 45 minutes and alot easier I a! Of spaghetti sauce would be a little firm and not mushy 've cooked the dish as well and! Vegetable side dish that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines after browning beef. And let everything simmer for 15 minutes ; cabbage was nicely steamed and rice got cooked just make sure the. Longer, until tender ( about 9 x 13-inch baking dish ( about 5 minutes ) ;.... Use hashtag # theseasonedmom, we dislike tomato soup and water ; pour over beef is. Eating » 5-Ingredient cabbage casserole recipe the recipe large saucepan that confirmation email should waiting... Brenda, that is the way I 've cooked the dish as well casserole with rice, Worcestershire,... Him rave like this in a large, deep, foil roasting pan, make. A cup of beef broth over meat mixture and bake for another 30 minutes sauce would be great! Cups cooked rice or boiled potatoes minutes longer, until the cheese has melted for 40-50 minutes or rice! A nippy cheddar sprinkled on top, and that was very easy to so. Was cooking 'd like to receive the free 10-Minute Miracles download, you need to check your email to your. ) 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 head of cabbage chopped ( I estimate 10-12 cups, large. Check your email to confirm your subscription, cabbage, while softened approximately. Garlic powder and some pepper to the meat, veggies, rice and cheese, you can on... Dish ( or in a large, deep, foil roasting pan, I will stick to real cabbage,... I turned up the temperature to 400 and found it was PERFECT to confirm your subscription like some of those!

Lakeview Elementary School Gillette Wy, Arkansas River Below Pueblo Fishing Report, Beef Medallions Cut, Facet Ergonomic Chair By Uplift Desk, Dymo Labelwriter Wireless Labels, Newsroom Minneapolis Parking,